Hey everyone, Happy Friday! Thanks for all the feedback about my new haircut. I'm really excited to try new ways to style it.
I'm currently camped out on a couch here at the new apartment, dwarfed by a few piles of unpacked clothes and sheets. It's been a busy couple days, with very few photo-worthy outfits in between. Needless to say, I am so happy to finally have Internet here, so I'll be catching up on my blogroll this weekend!
I was recently tagged by Lisa of Respect the Shoes to answer some fun getting-to-know-you questions, so while I don't have outfit photos, at least you'll get a crack at my psyche. Here goes:
- If you could be any heroine, who would you pick and why? What a tough beginning question. I'd probably pick Clara Barton, the founder of the Red Cross, because she has helped save so many lives throughout history.
- What is your favorite article of clothing and why? I wear dresses all the time, because they are one item and they encompass an entire outfit. One, and done. Plus there are so many different styles out there that they often spur my creativity.
- What is one of the proudest moments of your life? I have a few, but the one that really stands out is when I found out I got accepted to a prestigious internship my junior year of college. When I got the email explaining that I had been accepted, I jumped up and down in my dorm room. It had only been a few months after my father died, and so not only was I excited about living in NYC and getting a jump on my professional experience, but I was also happy to think that perhaps, somewhere, my dad was proud of me, too. I cried of happiness at dinner that night.
- Name your favorite food. I order chicken tenders a lot when I go to restaurants, so I think I've become a poultry connoisseur of sorts.
- Who is your favorite Real Housewife from the entire series? I've never really watched the entire series, but I did catch the Atlanta show, and I thought NeNe was a funny one.
- What were you doing one hour ago? Sleeping and dreaming about lunchtime. (We're going to Weaver D's today, which is an Athens institution)
- Frozen yogurt or ice cream? Ice cream all the way. My favorite flavors, in order: Peppermint, Mint Chocolate Chip, Butter Pecan, Vanilla (for root beer floats)...
- What's your favorite cheesy joke? What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino? ... Elephino (Hell if I know).
If you wish to play along, answer some of these questions in the comments below!
Yay for weekends,