It's finally spring in New York! This winter feels like it's lasted forever and I'm just glad to not wear tights and a peacoat anymore. Bring on the vintage dresses, beer gardens, strolls through the park and other adventures!
Jeremiah and I took a walk a couple Saturdays ago on the High Line while the weather's been nice. I love the views from the High Line, but it can get super-touristy and crowded so we usually only go once or twice a season. This day was particularly beautiful, and I'm excited to eventually check out the new Whitney Museum that just opened.
I bought this vintage dress a couple months ago and have been waiting for the temperatures to rise for me to wear it. My poor vintage cotton dresses just linger in my closet for months while winter goes on. I really need to switch to a more "northern" style of dressing, but it's hard for me to part with some of my older vintage styles I've collected over the years.
What else is going on and what's on the horizon:
- Watching: On Netflix, currnetly watching Black Mirror and Daredevil (set in our neighborhood!). For movies, just watched Ex Machina (loved), Avengers (meh for me), Age of Adaline (kind of a disappointment but the costume design was eye candy).
- Doing: Decluttered our apartment with konMari methods.
- Eating: Lots of beets and blackberries this spring. Very obsessed with Totto Ramen right now. And just tried Le Bernardin for the first time -- what a mind-blowing seafood experience.
- Reading: Lunch Poems by Frank O'Hara and Wanderlust: A History of Walking by Rebecca Solnit.
- Going: Planning upcoming trip to California and Japan.