Dress: Laundry by Shelli Segal, Nordstrom Rack;
Coat: Club Monaco, thrifted;
Black Sweater: Mossimo, Target;
Tights: Anne Klein, Marshall's;
Necklace: thrifted, gift.
How I've worn the dress: here.
How I've worn the coat: here.
I really enjoyed reading your feedback (both on the OOTD and the Super Bowl) on my last post. Sometimes I rant and I don't know what kind of response I will get, but it seems like a few of you felt the same way. Thank you for sharing your opinions.
So...about this outfit.You've already met the new coat in my last post, which I think I'm going to work into some other combinations this week. It's so comfortable and fun to wear. I believe I got the dress for $10 at Nordstrom Rack. The pattern looks like it has ocean waves. I've worn this dress for so many different occasions -- college parties, walking around NYC -- that the cost per wear is probably down to about 20 cents. The shoes and the necklace pairing happened in a spontaneous way. I got the necklace as part of my birthday gift from Jeremiah's family, and wasn't sure how to wear it until now -- the colors go perfectly with the dress.
If you've been following my blog, you may have noticed that I do team trivia every Tuesday. It's a lot of fun and a great way to catch up with some of my high school friends. In honor of that, I thought I would do something different on the blog called 'Trivia Tuesday,' in which I post five-ish things about myself that you may not know. I guess it's a way for you to get to know me outside of my sartorial decisions, and if you'd like to play along as well, you can post something random about yourself in the comments.I don't know how this idea will evolve as time goes on, but for now, let's have fun with it, shall we?
Okay, here goes:
1) Concerts I've gone to: Ben Folds, Remy Zero, Maroon 5, Goo Goo Dolls and M.I.A. I don't go to concerts very often, so most of them are from when I was in high school (in case you were wondering and judging me for my musical tastes being stuck in 2003). The M.I.A. concert, which is the most recent one I've been to, was probably my favorite because it was really spontaneous. I had just come into NYC for a summer and my friend S. invited me to go. Not knowing who M.I.A. was (this was before the "Pineapple Express" and "Slumdog Millionaire" soundtracks made her a household name), I was thinking it would be a singer-songwriter gig in a little coffee shop. Wrong. So wrong. It was in some drained out pool in a Brooklyn park and thousands of people were there. And then afterward we went to the Sunburnt Cow and ate some awesome steak dish and toasted to S. quitting her much-hated job and me starting a summer of work and self-discovery. It was such a fun night, and I was really glad I left myself open to experience something random and new (a good habit to remember).
2) Nikki and I used to share a room with bunk beds. We held orange soda tea parties with our dolls.
3) When I was 10, I was so obsessed with "Harriet the Spy" that for an entire summer, I carried around a grey fanny pack with a magnifying glass and a notepad. I climbed trees and spied on my neighbors. They never did anything super interesting, but I think this was why I majored in journalism and psychology.
4) If I ever have a daughter, I'm naming her Layla Amelie, after the Eric Clapton song and Audrey Tautou movie.
5) I still have the clay turtle I made in kindergarten. He is painted gold and his name is Turtle. This jerk of a girl tried to break him by punching my backpack, but I tricked her and actually had him in a box that I held in my hands as I walked to my car at the end of the day. After that early scrape, Turtle has held a revered place in my heart.
Hope you enjoyed this installation of Trivia Tuesday!Have a great day.